Last updated: August 2019
Information We Collect:
- User-provided Information. When you use the Service, we may collect information about you, including your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, your date of birth, geographic area, or preferences and we may link this information with other information about you. You may provide us with information in various ways on the Service. For example, you provide us with information when you register for an account, use the Service, make a purchase on the Service, or send us customer service-related requests.We may also collect and use the information that you will provide to us in connection with a job opening or a general enquiry regarding employment opportunities with us, for instance information included in your CV, resume or other details of your employment history.
- Cookies and Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use our website, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the site. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users and may be connected with other information about you.
- Location Information. We may obtain information about your physical location, such as geolocation features in your device, or by inference from other information we collect (for example, your IP address indicates the general geographic region from which you are connecting to the Internet).
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners and advertisers.
How We Use the Information We Collect.
We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time on the Service.
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties.
When We Disclose Your Information.
We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- We work with third party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process information about you as part of providing those services for us. We aim to limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We work with third party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
- We may disclose information about you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose information about you that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: (i) take precautions against liability; (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available; or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- We may make certain aggregated, automatically-collected, or otherwise non-personal information available to third parties for various purposes, including: (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We may disclose information about you with your consent.
You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information, we hold about you, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for longer period of time for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy.
Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that limited period. Additionally, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
You can prevent your device from sharing precise location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings.
The Service may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
The site is intended for use only by persons who are at least 16 years of age. By using the site, you confirm to us that you meet this requirement. If you are under the age of 18, you confirm you have received permission from your parent or guardian before using this site or sending us personal information.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot and do not guarantee that information about you will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
How long we keep your information
We retain personal data during any period in which you have expressed an interest in our products and services, for as long as you have an account with us in order to meet our contractual obligations to you, and for six years after that to identify any issues and resolve any legal proceedings. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
Data processed on behalf of our Customers
Customer agreements are in place with each KenSci customer. These agreements cover data transfers to third parties that may occur as part of KenSci’s provision of its services to the customer.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after such material changes are made. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
How to Contact Us
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, information we have collected or otherwise obtained about you, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.KenSci, Inc.
506 2nd Ave., Ste. 2100
Seattle, WA 98104
In this EEA Addendum and to the extent the Policy applies to our processing of residents of the EEA, “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Data Controller KenSci, Inc. is the entity responsible or “data controller” for the processing of your Personal Information as described in this Policy. Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your Personal Information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email email@example.com or by postal mail at:
506 2nd Ave., Ste. 2100
Seattle, WA 98104
- Personal Information We Obtain We may need certain of your Personal Information to be able to provide you with Service. We may also be required by law to collect certain information. Where such Personal Information is so required, we may be unable to provide you with our Service unless you provide us with this information. Where required by applicable law, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so.
- Legal Basis for Processing of European Personal Information If you are located in the EEA, we only process your Personal Information when we have a valid legal basis, including when:
- You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example to send you marketing communications.
- We need your Personal Information to provide you with our Service, for example to respond to your inquiries.
- We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations, or with a court order.
- We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our web sites, mobile applications, and Service. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
- Retention of Personal Information We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of Service provided to you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the relevant statute of limitations.
- Data Transfers If you are located in the EEA, we will comply with applicable EEA data protection laws when transferring your Personal Information outside of the EEA. To do so, we may transfer your Personal Information to countries which have been found to provide adequate protection by the EU Commission, use EU Standard Contractual Clauses, or transfer to recipients who have certified to the Privacy Shield or adopted Binding Corporate Rules.
- Your European Privacy Rights If you are located in the EEA, you have certain data subject rights described below:
- You may request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where an alleged incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time, and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details in this Policy. Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights.